Monday, November 13, 2017

Books this year

I beat my personal record for books read in a year this year. I'm kind of proud of it and feel silly posting about a personal achievement, but hey, what are blogs for if not expressing a little positivity about yourself?

I still have a month and a half left so hopefully I'll squeeze 2-3 more books in. Oathbringer comes out tomorrow and I'm definitely putting that next on the reading list, so it depends on how big that one is.

My favorites I read this year:

TitleGenreAuthor
The Dictator's HandbookNon FictionBruce Bueno De Mesquita
@WarNon FictionShane Harris
Battle Cruiser: Lost Colonies 1FictionB V Larson
Norse Mythology Non Fiction-ishNeil Gaiman
Algorithms to Live ByNon FictionBrian Christian
The Name of the Wind: Kingkiller Chronicles 1FictionPatrick Rothfuss
Spec Ops: Expeditionary Force 2FictionCraig Alanson
The Warded ManFictionPeter V. Brett
The Way of Kings: Stormlight Archives 1FictionBrandon Sanderson
Misbehaving The Making of Behavioral EconomicsNon FictionRichard Thaler
Words of Radiance: Stormlight Archives 2FictionBrandon Sanderson
CryptonomiconFictionNeal Stephenson
All These Worlds: Bobiverse 3FictionDennis E. Taylor
Children of TimeFictionAdrian Tchaikovsky
Edgedancer: Stormlight Archives 2.5FictionBrandon Sanderson

Norse Mythology I called "Non Fiction-ish" because these are fictional tales, but they're the real tales people used to explain the world around them at the time, even though the content is clearly fiction, their source was more of real people telling a story.

Another quick note, I can't believe I was neglecting Fantasy for so long. I was going nuts on Sci-Fi and it turns out I was missing a lot of great books.

Here's hoping 2018 has even more great books for me to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment