Thursday, March 12, 2015

First Post - I Discovered Inkscape

A couple days ago messing around with Unity 2D and trying to figure out the direction for a small game I want to make I realized I don't have any artwork necessary to make the game I want. Since the only game art I've made in the past has been spritesheets and pixely backgrounds I went seeking a new tool and found Inkscape a free vector graphics tool. 

I followed along with this tutorial and made myself a logo. I figured that'd be the easiest way to get used to the program. 


Then I found a great blog 2D Game Art for Programmers and messed around with his first blog post making similar characters. I plan on going a little further with that blog, hopefully I can get some decent art for some games soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment